This page contains a list of questions/problems generated from each post and will be updated daily. You will be responsible for these questions.
- Describe the process for making a standard solution.
- All chemicals had to be massed prior to leaving. Why can’t we use balances on the ship?
- Why is acid always added to water?
- Why must we work quickly to analyze our samples? What contaminants can affect the results?
- How do you use a standard curve to determine unknown concentrations?
- Define LeChatelier’s Principle. Give three examples of a stress that can be applied to a system at equilibrium.
- What is a redox reaction? How is it balanced?
- Define molarity and molality. Give an example of when to use each.
- What is an isotope? Why are they important?
- Define fluorescence. Why is the light emitted a longer wavelength than the incident light (the light that is shone into the sample)?